“As a part of our work to raise awareness about FASD prevention, we have updated an infographic about what we know about alcohol and pregnancy. It is based both in research and in the multi-level work of national, provincial, and local organizations working on FASD prevention. It points to:
- How women both deserve and benefit from information and support when making decisions about drinking before and during pregnancy.
- How reducing stigma about drinking is one key way of opening up the possibilities for women to access the information and support they need.
- How service providers have a prime responsibility in FASD prevention by:
- Sharing informational materials, working collaboratively, and supporting connections to needed supports.
- Engaging in non-judgemental and encouraging conversations about alcohol and associated risks.
- Linking women to community-based programs that offer holistic support on alcohol use, other aspects of health, and practical needs.”
Find more from Girls, Women, Alcohol, and Pregnancy (Canada, 2022)