Go your own way

“If your parent, step-parent, grandparent, carer or anyone else important to you drinks too much, it can affect you, even if you are not living in the same house. A child of an alcoholic can be 1 or 101 – it doesn’t change the fact that your parent drinks too much, and the problems this brings.

Alcoholism is like an illness, where the person has lost control over their drinking and usually needs help to stop. There is help and you can feel better if your parent continues to drink or not.

If you are a child affected by your mum or dad’s drinking, we hope this page will help.”

From Witness (UK)

Dreaming of Eden kids and adults clothing

Find more about NACOA (UK, 2019)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.