“This campaign shows the reality of dangerous driving and encourages people to reflect on their own driving behaviour and consider the impact to themselves and others.
This type of TAC campaign hasn’t be seen by the public for a few years which we hope will increase its impact, make it memorable, reduce dangerous driving and ultimately reduce the number of crashes on our roads this holiday time.”
Find more from The Transport Accident Commission (Australia, 2022)
- Around 1 in 5 drivers and riders killed have a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) over the legal limit of 0.05.
- Each year around 25 people, or 1 in 6 deaths had a BAC of under 0.05.
- 77% of licence holders, around 2.7 million people will drive after having one to two drinks.
- Around 175,000 people admit to driving when they’re over 0.05.
- 1 in 6 people that are breathalysed are driving while over the limit.
Learn more about Drink driving in Australia – HERE